Central Bedfordshire Council are proposing to schedule land north of Sundon Park for 4,000 new homes. They are consulting on their Local Plan, of which this forms a part. Members of the Public may make comment on the Local Plan until 22nd February at 5pm.
Land is allocated for a mixed-use development consisting of up to 4000 dwellings and a minimum of 20 hectares of employment land for B1, B2 and B8 uses. In it's submission the council says that in the mix of 4,000 homes there will be affordable housing, starter homes, self/custom build plots and a mix of homes to meet all identified needs for older people.
The employment land will be mainly to the west on at least 20 hectares beside the M1. And health and social care needs would have land set aside for the catchment area. New retail and one drinking establishment, as well as educational facilities, comprising day nurseries, early years, primary, secondary and sixth form facilities would be provided. Indoor and outdoor sports facilities are also included.
A new main road would connect the M1 to the A6, and be initially dualled from the M1 to Sundon Park Road. Cycle-way connections would link to route 6 of the national cycle-way network.Green Infrastructure corridors through the site would link with existing Green Infrastructure assets, including a link between Bramingham Park and George Wood; and a link between Bramingham Wood and Sundon Wood.
Click/Tap to enlarge images.
- To have your say on the Local Plan go to https://centralbedfordshire.jdi-consult.net/localplan/index.php
- Next, log in or register at the top of the page.
- Next, in the Current Documents section look for the "Central Bedfordshire Pre-submission Local Plan (January 2018)" link,
- To specifically comment on the North of Luton part, look for 7. Implementation, Policy SA1: North of Luton
- Comment by clicking the green pen icon.