The research is assessing in detail how wheelchair users manage to transfer across small steps and gaps between a platform and a train.
We'll be carrying this research out in a specialist research centre in Stevenage, Hertfordshire between 15 September and 2 October 2017.
The trials will be using a custom-built test rig to simulate a train and platform.
This is a big ask!
Due to the nature of the research, we need participants to attend 6 half day design workshops.
We're offering £50 for each half day trial session and will cover all travel expenses. Therefore, the total for taking part in his project will be £300 plus travel expenses.
We're looking for people who use the following types of wheelchairs:
· Powered Wheelchairs
· Self-propelled Wheelchair with small front casters (2-4 inches)
· Self-propelled Wheelchair with large front casters (5-8 inches)
· Attendant Wheelchair
Of the six sessions, participants can choose to attend from the following half-day slots:
· Session 1: 15th September AM /PM OR 19th September AM
· Session 2: 19th September PM OR 20th September AM/PM
· Session 3: 21st September AM/PM OR 22nd September AM
· Session 4: 22nd September PM OR 26th September AM/PM
· Session 5: 27th September AM/PM OR 28th September AM
· Session 6: 2nd October AM/PM
Morning sessions (AM) are from 9:30 to 12:30
Afternoon sessions (PM) are from 13:30 to 16:30.
Rica is a national consumer researcher with a consumer panel – RicaWatch – made up of over 750 older/disabled people.
Rica were part of Which originally, and are now independent and carry out quiet specialist research.
This latest project is at very short notice outside of our control.